Welcome to CamBam
CamBam is an application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor.
CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
CamBam currently supports the following:
- Reading from and writing to 2D DXF files.
- 2.5D profiling machine operations with auto-tab support
- 2.5D pocketing operations with auto island detection
- Drilling (Normal,Peck,Spiral Milling and Custom Scripts)
- True Type Font (TTF) text manipulation and outline (glyph) extraction.
- Conversion of bitmaps to heightmaps
- 3D geometry import from STL, 3DS and RAW files
- 3D waterline and scanline machining operations
- Extendable through user written plugins and scripts
Getting started with CamBam
Download CamBam now to provide 40 free and fully functional evaluation sessions. After this time
CamBam will still produce around 500 lines of gcode so you can continue to evaluate and run small jobs.
Watch videos to get a quick overview of working with CamBam. The CamBam plus Introduction and
Styles Overview are a good place to start.
Read through the CamBam documentation. The Getting Started and Simple Example sections
are particularly recommended. The documentation is also available offline from the Help - Contents menu within CamBam.
The documentation also contains a tutorials section and a number of sample files are provided in the CamBam installer.
Visit the CamBam user forum. Need help or want to report a problem?
Got a feature request? The forum has many talented and friendly users on board. Check out a wide variety of amazing members projects,
from watch making to airplane builders.
Buy a CamBam plus license. CamBam provides an unmatched level of features
at extremely good value. As well as supporting future development, a CamBam license also entitles you to free upgrades.
Thank you very much for your support and happy machining!
New CamBam plus - Version 0.9.8N
After an extended developement and testing period, 0.9.8N is now the latest stable release.
This version has many new and welcome features.
- More intuitive user interface.
- Increase productivity with machining style definitions.
- Faster, more accurate toolpath generation.
- Added post processor versatility to target a wider variety of machines.
- Basic nesting introduced.
- Experimental lathe support.
- French, German, Italian, Brazilian and other language support
...And much more! For more details, see What's new in 0.9.8?
Watch the CamBam 0.9.8 Styles Overview video.